A couple of months ago, I helped throw a baby shower for one of my best friends. My duties were extremely simple: drinks, dipping implements for the chocolate fondue, and diapers. I saw this great idea on Pinterest to have the guests of the shower write bits of advice for the mom-to-be on diapers for her to read during those (NUMEROUS) diaper changes. I wanted the diapers to be ones she could actually get a good use out of and so of course, I went straight for Pampers.
At my own baby showers, moms of all ages with kids of all ages all swore by Pampers as their go-to brand of diaper. We were given countless diapers at our showers and we also made sure to stock up a bit before The Incredible Hulk made his appearance, but immediately we saw the difference in the quality of other diapers to Pampers.
I recommend Pampers to all New Moms for one small, but very important reason - SLEEP. By far, the most jarring thing you experience in the first few weeks of motherhood is the enormous lack of sleep that follows. So, when your precious babe starts to sleep for long stretches, the very last thing you want is for them to wake up because they have soaked through their diaper. Pampers Baby Dry is your number one defense for this. We diapered TIH in them all day long knowing that if he fell asleep and took an extra long nap, we'd be okay even if his diaper hadn't been changed for a few hours.
When your babe gets a little bit older, you will want to eek every last bit of sleep out of their one nap a day (if you're lucky) that you can. We actually go up a size to ensure a little bit more absorbency when TIH wears them over night and we've also found they are a Godsend for long car trips (when you can convince your toddler not to unbuckle themselves out of the car seat while headed down the highway at 70 mph.)
We're on the road to potty training any day now (or so I like to delusionally tell myself), so I'm enjoying the time that we can rely on a good brand of diapers for the comfort of our kiddo and the extra hours of sleep (for all of us.) So, in the meantime - I know I have Pampers in my corner.
Good news! My friends at Pampers have provided me with the SWEETEST prize pack to giveaway this week on the blog. Included in the package (valued at $100):
- Pampers Baby Dry Diapers (size can be selected by the winner)
- Pampers Sensitive Wipes (also a favorite in our house)
- Constellation B Glow Animals (TIH is absolutely obsessed with this)
- 3 of our FAVORITE Nighttime Story Books (Goodnight, Moon; Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?; Where the Wild Things Are)
- 1 FREE product coupon for Pampers Baby Dry Diapers
- 1 FREE product coupon for Pampers Wipes
I literally could not be more excited to give this prize pack away to one lucky reader. So here are the rules:
- You must be a fan of New Mom on the Blog on Facebook to enter. Leave a comment with the best kiddo sleep advice you've ever received. (If you were already a NMOTB Facebook fan, you can just state that when you leave your comment.)
- For one bonus entry, you can follow me on Pinterest where I am obsessively pinning great ideas for kids, DIY, and food. (Mostly food.) Just leave an additional comment saying that you've started to follow my madness.
The contest will shut down Thursday night at 7:00 pm CDT at which point I will randomly select a winner from the comment section and announce it here on the blog on Friday, May 3! And be sure to check back on Wednesday where I will be offering up another opportunity to win this awesome giveaway as well as some of the best sleep advice I've ever heard from my very own godmother!
Good luck to all who enter! Hope to see you back on Wednesday!
Though the lovely folks at Pampers provided me with the Pampers Baby Dry Sweet Sleep Time Gift Pack to giveaway on this blog, the opinions expressed are my own. I truly have always been a huge fan of their product.