I'm the New Mom on the Blog. I've always been an avid reader of various blogs, but never really had inspiration to write my own.
Then, I had a kid.
Now I'm finding inspiration every day.
I have to be honest and say that sometimes I go through mad blogging spurts where I'm posting several times a week. One time I went almost three weeks without blogging anything. Bare with me. I'm still getting used to this.
Here are some things you should know about me:
- I'm in my 20s.
- I got married in the Fall of 2008 and had my first baby in the Summer of 2010, I refer to that baby as The Incredible Hulk (TIH). If you met him, you'd know why.
- I'm incredibly sarcastic.
- Most people who have read my blog tell me that I write exactly how I talk. I guess that's good. For better, or for grammatically worse.
- I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to blogging. Sometimes the posts that I think are terrible end up being my most popular ones.
- I can't decide if I want to curse on my blog or not. My grandmother reads my blog. Sometimes I censor myself for her. Sometimes I don't.
- I'm a music therapist and spent an important and long portion of my career in the mental health field which is why sometimes I use weird therapy terms and why music is such a prevalent thing on this blog. My blog used to play music, but I thought it got annoying (and it was all of my favorite songs) so I removed it. Leave me a comment if you would like to know some of the songs featured on here when there was a music player.
- All of my blog posts have song lyrics as the title. So, "Glitter and be gay..." is a funny and embarrassing story, but the lyrics have nothing to do with anything. Except for they say "glitter."
- I try to write back to all of my comments. And since about five people have ever commented in the history of this blog, I'll probably be able to stay true to it.
- I love reality shows. I realized the other day that I had a different Bravo show TiVo'd on every night except for Friday/Saturday. Most of them were of the Real Housewives franchise.
- I'm a huge musical theatre nerd. Huge. Not like "flash mob" huge, but pretty close.
- I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I love social media and hate how impersonal it has made us. I love reading mommy blogs and hate how the comment threads often become passive aggressive little tiffs between the breastfeeders/non-breastfeeders/non-vaccination/vaccination people. I want to get an awesome camera and I will probably have no idea how to use it. But because of my love/hate technology there will almost always be issues with this website, my Facebook page, and whatever else goes into being a blogger. You can feel free to tell me about issues you're seeing with the caveat that I will likely have no idea of how to fix them.
If you are interested in featuring your product on New Mom on the Blog with a giveaway, product review, or sponsorship, you're welcome to send your information to email@example.com and we'd be happy to consider it!